parameter file with the following information:
The file can be given as an argument to hfs_cube:
- Transition name (e.g.
or identification number (its position in the hfs_transitions.dat file).
- FITS data cube file to read. The file must have 3 non-degenerate
axes, in this order: x position, y position, velocity channel.
- Rms of channels without emission, minimum SNR of spectra to be
fitted. Components with a peak intensity below SNR times rms are not fitted.
- Number of velocity components to fit, Ncomp, between 1 and 9.
- 2×Ncomp values, with the first and last channel of the
velocity range for each component. The channel ranges must be non overlapping.
For the first component, 0 defaults to 1 (first), nchan (last).
- Hanning filter half-width (channels):
0= no smoothing;
1= standard 3-point Hanning smoothing, the resulting spectrum
having half the initial number of channels.
In general, Hanning smoothing of
2×HFHW+1 points, resulting in a final number of channels
HFHW+1 times smaller.
- Boxcar smoothing radius (pixels): 0= no smoothing.
- First X pixel, last X pixel, X increment of the subimage to be
fitted. 0 defaults to 1 (first), ndim1 (last), 1 (increment).
- First Y pixel, last Y pixel, Y increment of the subimage to be
fitted. 0 defaults to 1 (first), ndim2 (last), 1 (increment).
- Iteration parameters: Nksample, Final_Range.
$ hfs_cube <parfile>.par
Example of parameter file:
"N2H+(1-0)" ! Transition
"n2hp-merged-lmv-clean.fits" ! Input data cube file
0.06 8.0 ! Rms, minimum SNR to analyze the spectrum
1 ! Number of components
104 108 ! Range of channels to search for peak
0 ! Hanning filter half-width (chan): 0=no; >0=yes
0 ! Boxcar smoothing radius (pixels): 0=no; >0=yes
20 236 4 ! Xpix_ini, Xpix_fin, Xpix_inc
20 236 4 ! Ypix_ini, Ypix_fin, Ypix_inc
400 0.05 ! Nksample, Final_Range