Offer: 3 positions (programmers & analysts)
The Gaia team at the University of Barcelona (IEEC - ICCUB) has contributed since its constitution to the development of the concept and design of the Gaia mission of the European Space Agency (ESA). Our team is doing important contributions with simulations and, specially, astrometric and photometric data processing for the mission. The team is composed of expert personnel in science, engineering, technology and data analysis for developing and operating software for large data processing, validation and science exploitation. Our team is responsible of the Data Processing Center of Barcelona, which uses the MareNostrum supercomputer.
To cover several positions in our team, we are looking for:
- People motivated to work in a multidisciplinary environment in an outstanding project at an international level.
- Finished degree (or just pending final project) in engineering (preferably software/computing), mathematics, physics or similar.
- Java programming. Python will be a plus.
- Expertise in Linux. Shell scripting will be a plus.
- Good English level (at least B2).
- For one of the positions: Hadoop, Spark, Big Data and Data Mining will be a plus.
- For one of the positions: Linux administration will be a plus.
- Work in an European cornerstone research project (ESA).
- Depending on the applicant's profile, tasks on: programming, analysis and data interpretation, development of new science or statistics algorithms, support/administration of virtualized computing systems...
- Possibility to get promoted and to reach other projects.
- Full-time contract (reduced-time is also possible).
- Flexible schedule.
Wednesday, 21 June, 2017