We offer a contract to join the validation team that will implement and execute the data validation for the Gaia data releases.
This validation requires:
- Implementing data validation algorithms in Java
- Integration of the code in the validation framework
- Control of the execution of the code
- Extraction and analysis of the validation results in cooperation with the Gaia scientists
- Development and maintenance of the Gaia simulator. Provide large scale simulations to the other Coordination Units when it is required.
The job requires mainly programming skills in java and experience in standard code development tools and procedures, as well as good level in English for the writing of the code documentation. Familiarity with the development of software in scientific projects is a plus.
The job requires:
- University degree (or equivalent, including experience) in the engineering, physics, or computer science
- Good programming skills in Java, Python, SQL, XML and advanced knowledge of Linux shell programming
- Familiarity with team programming tools (e.g. programming environments like eclipse, ANT building, SVN repositories, Jenkins continuous integration tool, etc.)
- Good level of English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation.
- Familiarity with large teams work
Will be positively evaluated:
- Background in astrophysics or experience in astrophysics projects
- Familiarity with Space research
- Spanish and Catalan are plus.
We intend to fill this position as soon as possible.
The contract will be until the end of 2016.
The salary will be agreed upon with the successful applicant.