This year the camp will explore the theme of the Solar System and exoplanets via several astronomical sessions, including lectures, hands-on activities, and night-time observations with the telescopes of the Observatory, alongside various social activities, winter sports, and excursions.
- Dates: from 26 December 2015 to 1 January 2016.
- Participants: The camp is open to maximum 56 secondary school students aged 16-18 (class 1997, 1998 and 1999) from the ESO Member States* and additional ESO Science Outreach Network Countries (ESON). A number of places will be available to students from other countries, however they are not eligible to receive bursaries. The working language of the camp will be English. Participants of previous editions can apply, but priority will be given to new applicants.
- Registration: applicants shall fill a form at the web of the camp and upload a 3 minutes-long video. The video shall be considered as a short presentation to show the applicant's interest to participate to the astronomy camp.
- Cost: 500 euro. The fee includes full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch, dinner) at the hostel of Saint-Barthelemy, supervision by professional staff, all the astronomical and leisure activities, material, excursions, internal transports, transport from Milan Malpensa and Linate airport to the Observatory and return (private bus) and insurance.
- ESO: he applicant with the best entry for participation at the incontestable discretion of the organisers will win a free trip sponsored by ESO (the complete cost of the camp and transportation to the camp)
- SEA: The "Spanish Society of Astronomy" offers a a grant to a Spanish student, covering the travel, the cost of campus and stay.
- Deadline: Registrations will close on 4 October. Winners of the financial support and general acceptance will be communicated by 16 October. The final registration is due by 30 October. Once ESO has comunicated the participants the Spanish Astronomical Union will give its scholarship.